Post Production Systems Administrator, Tier I (Avid Specialist)
- Light Iron
- New York
- Full Time
Date Listed: May 02, 2022
The Avid Support Specialist will be the primary point of contact for all Avid end user support requests. As a key member of the LINY Engineering team, s/he will support Hardware, Software and Avid specific products for both Windows and Mac users. Secondarily, and as directed, this role will provide technical support for the LINY facility.
- Install, set up, and configure Avid Editorial systems
- Field and respond to support requests
- Identify, analyze and diagnose all support issues related to Avid Editorial systems
- Execute fixes and/or resolution needs, keeping clients and business stakeholders informed as to resolution status
- Participate in off hours maintenance and off-hours ‘on call’ rotation
- Strong knowledge of Avid product suite (e.g. Media Composer, NEXIS, Unity)
- Working knowledge of Avid ISIS/NEXIS storage networks
- Knowledge of video signal flows pertaining to HDSDI and Audio
- Installing computer equipment within edit suites and maintain wire drawings for gear
- Triage for post-production NLE applications (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Premiere, FCP, Edit Share)
- Understanding of video signal flows pertaining to HDSDI and audio
- Experience maintaining postproduction facilities in a systems administrator and/or engineering capacity
- Knowledge of OSX, Windows and PC hardware installation, including baseline troubleshooting skills
- Competency with workplace productivity tools such as Office 365, G-suite, Slack, etc.
- Strong writing and verbal skills, particularly in communicating technical processes in a non-technical manner
- Ability to work with an agile team as well as work autonomously
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works normal business hours, but may require shifting schedules, long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requisition ID: 1458