Product Assembly Technician
Date Listed: May 31, 2022
Panalux offers the world of film, television and media production the very best in lighting rental equipment and associated facilities.
Created specifically to cater to the exacting needs of the global entertainment industry, the Panalux service is unrivalled in its ability to provide creative solutions to the full spectrum of production types, regardless of size or genre.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Product Assembly Technician to join out Technical Department at Panalux in Perivale
- The role will include but will not be limited to a combination of mechanical, electronics and electromechanical assembly from component parts to finished products
- Work closely with the Head of Product Development as part of a small team to take production projects from receipt of component parts to completion on time and budget.
- Manage production inventory and keep the Head of Product Development informed of any shortages or discrepancies.
- In conjunction with the Head of Product Development ensure that administrative processes and procedures are followed to monitor cost controls.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good GCSE grades or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and wiring schematics.
- Practical electrical skills, particularly wiring, connector assembly and soldering.
- Basic mechanical workshop skills, including mechanical assembly.
- Good attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft software i.e. Word and Excel.
- Electronics fault finding and/or electrical testing experience an advantage.
- The ability to undertake, and prioritise a number of jobs simultaneously.
- Good understanding of working in similar high technology environment.
- The ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Good time management.
- Ability to fully contribute to the process of continuous improvements.
Working for Panalux is an opportunity to be part of an industry-leading global enterprise: a diverse team of professionals supporting world-class creative productions and developing innovative film technologies.
We offer a friendly, collaborative and supportive work environment in which individual contributions are valued and development is encouraged. UK colleagues also enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package including private medical and life assurance cover, pension contribution, and service-related benefits such as up to 27 days annual leave.
If you have the skills, experience and drive to be part of our team, we would love to hear from you!