The HR Generalist position is responsible for providing HR partnership to our Light Iron Post-Production business and our Panavision Hollywood branch office. This will be a hybrid position with 4 days per week in the Hollywood office(s) and 1 day per week working remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the HR team, accountable for ensuring continued, consistent, and successful delivery of HR services utilizing flexibility and creative solutions to resolve daily HR matters
- Develop solid working relationships with employees and managers as key customers, and consult with management and employees to provide daily HR guidance
- Establish regular meetings with Light Iron Managers, Hollywood Managers and participate in onsite leadership meetings
- Management of employee relations issues and performance management issues
- Work closely with management to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Partner with Management on recruitment process and talent management efforts
- Assist with the Onboarding and Offboarding administrative process for Light Iron & Panavision Hollywood employees
- Assist Managers with the HR process for employee changes such as position changes, promotions, etc.
- Provide Company HR policy guidance to include leave of absence management
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals and work with HR team to develop and implement training programs
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to insure understanding and compliance with Federal & State law
- Work with HR team in implementation and rollout of annual benefits enrollment and other Company policies and programs
- BA Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of HR generalist experience, required.
- Prior HR experience in Entertainment, Post-Production, Media or Technology industries preferred.
- Prior HR experience with mid to large size multi-state organizations preferred
- Ability to write and present effective communication to top management, employees, and vendors.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels within the organization
- Strong customer service focus
- Prior experience in areas of Employee Relations, Recruitment, Performance Management and Employee Development
- Results-Oriented, Detail Oriented and Deadline focused.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works standard business hours but may require long hours and some weekend work
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.